Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
The Introduction to Health & Social Care Certificate Level 1 will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in Health and Social Care. It includes the roles played by workers, from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others. There is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
• is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
• allows students to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
• allows students to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
• provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
• supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
• provides students with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
This course is aimed at considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
How will I be assessed?
The qualification will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
What could it lead to?
On completion you may progress into employment within the Health and Social Care sector or progress to a related Level 2 course for which a Pass profile is required.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.