This course is aimed at adults who wish to continue to develop their skills in beauty therapy. There will be a substantial amount of home study to be able to meet the demands of this course.
Level 2 Beauty Therapy equivalent qualification.
Dates and Times
18th September 2017 - 4th July 2018
Times: 18.00pm - 21.00pm
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
Students must provide their own models/clients.
Students should note that full attendance is required on this course. It is essential to complete theory work at home, as the content of the course at college is of a more practical nature. Practice at home is vital for mastering the skills learned.
Exams and Assessments
You will need to prove you are capable in every aspect of the course. Once the skill has been 'mastered', continuous assessment, both practical and on the theory of the subject, will take place at the tutor's discretion. You will be assessed by practical observations in a realistic environment on paying clients, through assignment work, which will include oral questioning. On-line tests are used to assess the underpinning knowledge.
A portfolio of evidence is required to complete the course and support assessments. The portfolio must be handed in at the end of the course for internal verification.
City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques.
Students can progress to employment or higher study.
The cost of this course is £3,345.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Level 2 Women's Hairdressing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage