The York College in-house Hot Stone Massage qualification provides learners with the knowledge of the principles and practices of Stone Therapy face and body massage as practiced in industry.
This one-day workshop will introduce you to the history of Stone Therapy as well as health, safety and hygiene, following industry guidelines.
You will learn about the benefits and techniques of Stone Therapy treatments using a variety of specialised stones, which will provide a totally new experience for yourself and your clients.
All students must have a full Level 3 qualification that includes body massage.
Dates and Times
10th April 2018
Time: 9.00am - 3.00pm
- Stone Therapy history
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Types of stones used
- Stone placements
- Benefits and effects of Stone Therapy massage
- Stone Therapy application
Exams and Assessments
After introducing the stones used in treatments to gain familiarity, and following a practical demonstration by the tutor, therapists will practice in turn on other students to fully complete a Stone Therapy massage treatment.
Full uniform must be worn, including a full black shoe.
The cost of this course is £80.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Level 2 Women's Hairdressing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage