Who is this course aimed at?
This is a great course for those who are wanting to learn of the benefits of stone massage. This is a short course that will result in a York College certificate of attendance.
Overview of the course
The York College in-house Hot Stone Massage qualification provides learners with the knowledge of the principles and practices of Stone Therapy face and body massage as practiced in industry.
This one-day workshop will introduce you to the history of Stone Therapy as well as health, safety and hygiene, following industry guidelines.
You will learn about the benefits and techniques of Stone Therapy treatments using a variety of specialised stones, which will provide a totally new experience for yourself and your clients.
Whilst no formal qualifications are required a previous experience in massage is desired.
Dates and Times
- Stone Therapy history
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Types of stones used
- Stone placements
- Benefits and effects of Stone Therapy massage
- Stone Therapy application
The tutor will provide a simple introduction, explaining the history, benefits and contra indications. Following a demonstration, students will then work in pairs to both provide and receive a stone massage.
After introducing the stones used in treatments to gain familiarity, and following a practical demonstration by the tutor, therapists will practice in turn on other students to fully complete a Stone Therapy massage treatment. Students who complete all tasks will receive a York College certificate.
Whilst there are no additional costs, students are encouraged to wear black trousers and top (it is important that these are comfortable and non-revealing). Flat shoes, that fully support the foot are essential.
Reasons to choose this course
York College have 2 large fully equipped Hairdressing salons, an inviting commercial salon reception, 3 Media Make up workshops and 2 Beauty Therapy salons. Adult learners will have access to professional products and equipment (including Loreal and Eve Taylor) and will also have the opportunity to join in any with any day time extracurricular activities should they wish to do so. This could include competition work and additional product training.
Skills you will develop
Students will also develop communication techniques, interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team.
NVQ 3 Certificate in Body Massage.
N/A – this is a fun course
About the course tutors
All our teachers are fully qualified with up to date experience in industry.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in the Introduction to Hair and Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Hairdressing
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- City & Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Womens Hairdressing
- Intimate Waxing
- Level 3 VTCT Certificate in Swedish Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management