Who is this course aimed at?
The Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management is designed for existing or aspiring managers.
The Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management provides the necessary skills and knowledge to provide occupational competency as a manager within a salon.
This qualification allows the student to research, monitor and manage products and services within the salon environment.
This qualification is suitable for hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists and nail technicians.
A Level 3 qualification within a relevant discipline is required or significant industry experience.
It is not essential to be a management position within a salon environment as additional hours within a voluntary setting can be arranged.
Dates and Times
More course dates coming soon.
There is an expectation that you will have to spend time out of college to complete some of the research and assignment work.
- Management of Health, Safety and Security
- Quality Management of client care in the hair and beauty sector
- Sales Management in the hair and beauty sector
- Public Relations in the hair and beauty sector
- Salon management
- Salon Design in the hair and beauty sector
- Marketing in the hair and beauty sector
- One to one practical support
- Groups activities
- Research tasks
Exams and Assessments
Portfolio of evidence
VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon management.
Will the college provide clients to work on?
The college will not be able to provide all the clients for this course, students are expected to be able to provide some of their own.
Do I need to be in a management position?
A management position is not essential for this qualification as experience can be provided via a voluntary method.
Progression can be to employment in a management position in relevant industry or a Higher level qualification as appropriate to individuals needs.
Reasons to choose this course
This qualification is ideal for someone working in the industry that would like to develop their skills and gain a management qualification.
Students are required to provide your own tool and equipment (information will be provided at induction).
Dress code – black.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Hairdressing
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management