Who is this course aimed at?
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is designed for students who work in or wish to pursue a career in barbering.
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering provides the necessary skills and knowledge to provide occupational competency as a barber.
This qualification allows the student to learn, develop and practice the skills required to provide barbering services.
The diploma covers Health and Safety, cutting and styling men’s hair, cutting facial hair and colouring techniques.
An interest in the sector is necessary, experience is desirable but not necessary.
Dates and Times
16th September 2019 - 3rd July 2020
Time: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Health and Safety
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Style and dress men’s hair
- Cut hair using a variety of barbering techniques
- Shape and trim facial hair
- Colour men’s hair
- Practical demonstrations
- One to one practical support
- Groups activities
- Student will work on clients
Exams and Assessments
Observation, Oral questioning, Portfolio of evidence, Online test, Short answer questions.
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Barbering.
Will the college provide clients to work on??
The college will not be able to provide all the clients for this course, students are expected to be able to provide some of their own.
Employment in industry in a barbers shop or higher level qualifications as appropriate to individuals needs.
Reasons to choose this course
This qualification is ideal for someone working in the industry that would like to develop their skills and gain a qualification in Men’s hairdressing.
Students are required to provide your own tool and equipment (information will be provided at induction) and the dress code is black.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Customer Service (Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy)
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management