This course is aimed at adults who wish to continue to develop their skills in beauty therapies.
Level 2 Beauty Therapy or equivalent qualification.
Dates and Times
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Provide body massage treatments
- Perform Indian Head Massage
- Provide hot and cold stone therapy treatments
- Provide advanced facial treatments using electrical equipment
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Opportunities to learn the application of individual eyelashes
Students must provide their own models/clients.
Students should note that full attendance is required on this course. It is essential to complete theory work at home, as the content of the course at college is of a more practical nature. An understanding of anatomy and physiology is an advantage (although not essential).
Students can go onto do the following:
- Foundation Degree in Media Make-up and Hair Design for Television, Film and Theatre.
- Working in the industry in product houses or in retail.
- Further Education to progress in teaching and assessing.
- Your options can be discussed with your tutor.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
Please note: This course is available for the advanced learner loan.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Level 1 - Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- Hairdressing Level 2 in Womens Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- York College Certificate: Basic Barbering