This is a vocational qualification that is focused on advanced beauty practices, involving advanced practical techniques and providing the underpinning theory of anatomy and physiology.
This exciting qualification also covers elements of beauty salon management, the principles and practice of public relations and client care.
This course requires Level 3 Beauty Therapy including Maths and English. You will need good attendance as this is an intense programme. You must have the ability to meet deadlines and work independently on clients. You must be reliable and able to work as part of a team.
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course again in 2018. For more info please contact the InfoZone on 01904 770770.
- Sales management in the hair and beauty sector
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon
- Quality management of client care in the beauty sector
- Public relations in the hair and beauty sector
- Research in hair and beauty sector
- Marketing in the hair and beauty sector
- Laser and light treatment for hair removal
- Laser and light treatment for skin rejuvenation
- Physiology and ageing
- Salon management
City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Management Practice and Advanced Techniques in the Hair and Beauty Sector - Management
Continuous assessment both practically and theoretically, ensuring you are highly employable upon completion of the programme.
There is a programme of study for those students under 19 years of age, which will be discussed.
Assignment work is part of the assessment process. Assessments will be graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
This qualification could lead to fantastic career opportunities in areas including:
- Medi Spas
Students will need to purchase a College uniform and specialist goggles.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Level 1 - Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Level 3 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- Hairdressing Level 2 in Womens Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing