This course will interest those who wish to learn how to perform a simple back massage for relaxation purposes. Students might use such skills to provide massage to friends or family.
Students will both give and receive a back, neck and shoulder massage during the short training event using a selection of massage mediums provided by college.
There are no formal entry requirements, but students must be in suitable health to be able to take part fully in the activities (students may be contra-indicated under medical grounds).
Please note this course is open to both male and female students.
Dates and Times
19th February 2020
Time: 10.00am - 1.00pm
- Basic anatomy of the back
- Simple massage movements that can aid relaxation and help with tension across the back and shoulders
- Contra indications to massage
- The benefits of massage
- Aftercare Advise
Students who develop a particular interest in massage may consider applying for the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage.
The cost of this course is £35.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Customer Service (Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy)
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management