This course will interest those who wish to learn how to perform a simple back massage for relaxation purposes. Students might use such skills to provide massage to friends or family.
Students will both give and receive a back, neck and shoulder massage during the short training event using a selection of massage mediums provided by college.
There are no formal entry requirements, but students must be in suitable health to be able to take part fully in the activities (students may be contra-indicated under medical grounds).
Please note this course is open to both male and female students.
Dates and Times
We are hoping to run this course again soon.
- Basic anatomy of the back
- Simple massage movements that can aid relaxation and help with tension across the back and shoulders
- Contra indications to massage
- The benefits of massage
- Aftercare Advise
Students who develop a particular interest in massage may consider applying for the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage.
The cost of this course is £55.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- Level 2 Women's Hairdressing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage