This course will interest those who wish to learn how to perform a simple back massage for relaxation purposes. Students might use such skills to provide massage to friends or family.
Students will both give and receive a back, neck and shoulder massage during the short training event using a selection of massage mediums provided by college.
There are no formal entry requirements, but students must be in suitable health to be able to take part fully in the activities (students may be contra-indicated under medical grounds).
Please note this course is open to both male and female students.
Dates and Times
1st June 2021
10.00am - 4.00pm
- Basic anatomy of the back
- Simple massage movements that can aid relaxation and help with tension across the back and shoulders
- Contra indications to massage
- The benefits of massage
- Aftercare advice
Students who develop a particular interest in massage may consider applying for the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in the Introduction to Hair and Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Hairdressing
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- City & Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Womens Hairdressing
- Intimate Waxing
- Level 3 VTCT Certificate in Swedish Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management