Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year, approximately 3 days per week.
What will I study?
This is an introduction to Beauty and Media - providing a stepping stone to Level 2 Hairdressing, Beauty Therapy or Hair and Media Make-up.
The programme of study includes:
- Basic skin care
- Basic make-up techniques
- Basic manicure treatments
- Simple nail art
- Face painting
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Health and Safety in the salon
- Reception duties
- Home study
- Competition work
- Work experience
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments on colleagues and clients.
Oral / written questions and assignment work.
What could it lead to?
You can progress on to the Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up, Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy. Alternatively, you may go straight into a salon as a salon assistant/junior. The course also provides skills transferable to other subject areas.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 3
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 3
- Introduction to the Beauty and Media Sector NVQ Certificate Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Introduction to the Hair Sector NVQ Certificate Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3