Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year, approximately 3 days per week.
What will I study?
The subjects covered include the theory and practice of:
- Facial treatments
- Waxing for hair removal
- Manicure treatments
- Pedicure treatments
- Make-up (including themed make-up design)
- Lash and brow tinting
- Eyebrow shaping
- Artificial eye lashes
- Health and safety
- Client care and communication kills
- Promotional skills
- Reception duties
Additional courses you will study
This varies year to year, but there are many additional courses you can complete (some incur additional costs). Examples include:
- Spray tanning
- Gel nails
- Specialist skin care and make-up
- Participation in competition work
- Opportunities to attend beauty seminars
- Eve Taylor professional skin care qualifications and eaddtional external training
- Careers presentations (for example Steiner TransOcean, Ragdale Hall Health Hydro Spa etc)
- Work experience
- English and Maths (if the student hasn't achieved a grade 4 or above)
How will I be assessed?
Students will be assessed in one of the College Beauty Salons. Assessments will involve performing treatments on other members of the class as well as on external paying clients. Students will also be required to complete written assignments and online tests.
What could it lead to?
Ideally students would progress onto Level 3 Beauty Therapy.
Students leaving College with a Level 2 qualification could seek employment in a beauty salon, make-up studio or nail bar. There are also opportunities to complete consultancy work, become a demonstrator for a product manufacturer, or a therapist on a cruise liner. Self-employment and working in retail are also possibilities.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 3
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 3
- Introduction to the Beauty and Media Sector VRQ Certificate Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Introduction to the Hair Sector NVQ Certificate Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3