Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year, approximately 3 days per week.
What will I study?
Level 3 is a high level qualification expanding on the skills already learnt and achieved in Level 2 Beauty Therapy.
The subjects covered include the theory and practice of:
- Body massage
- Massage using hot and cold stones
- Indian head massage
- Advanced facial electrotherapy treatments
- Advanced body electrotherapy treatments
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
Additional courses you will study
Options to complete courses in the following:
- Spray Tanning
- Semi-Permanent Artificial Lashes
- Participation in competition work
- Opportunities to attend Beauty Seminars
- Dermalogica Professional skin care qualifications and additional external training Careers presentations (for example Steiner TransOcean, Ragdale Hall Spa etc.)
- Work Experience
How will I be assessed?
Students will be assessed in one of the College Beauty Salons (Harmony, Tranquility, and Vitality). Assessments will involve performing treatments on other members of the class as well as on external paying clients. Students will also be required to complete written assignments and online tests. Assessments are graded Pass, Merit, Distinction.
What could it lead to?
Progression opportunities include Level 4 Advanced Beauty Therapy Techniques & Management or a Foundation Degree in Media Make-up (if you wish to progress to higher education, you must have GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above in English and Maths.) Employment opportunities include salon/spa work, work on cruise liners, mobile therapist, and setting up your own business.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy VRQ Level 3
- Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 2
- Hairdressing VRQ Level 3
- Introduction to the Beauty and Media Sector Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Introduction to the Hair Sector Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-up Diploma Level 3