Due to the ongoing impact of Coronavirus we have moved many of our face to face training courses online.
We are now able to offer zoom based training to employees working from home, on furlough, or joining in from a socially distanced office.
Is this online seminar for me?
Building an inclusive workplace has proven benefits to the business. It increases engagement, productivity and loyalty, reducing turnover and personnel issues and helps to create an impressive employer brand that will attract a diverse pool of applicants.
Based around the current legal context this session will help you to understand where our biases are rooted, build the case for an inclusive workplace, explore acceptable and unacceptable behaviours and leave you with a greater understanding and awareness in this area.
This course is aimed at all employees, regardless of role, but will be of particular benefit to employees with management or people responsibilities.
Learning Methods Used
The training is delivered live via Zoom by one of our associate trainers who will use a mix of taught input, breakout discussions, exercises and self-directed learning to guide you through the content.
The content is delivered in two separate 2.5hr zoom sessions to ensure that delegates are able to maintain focus for the full session.
- Understanding Bias
- Values and Beliefs
- Unconscious vs Conscious behaviours
- Johari Window
- Being your ‘whole’ self in the workplace
- Engagement and connection
- Productivity and loyalty
- Penguins in the Polar Bear enclosure – issues that affect being open in the workplace
- Reputation and Brand
- Organisational Values
- Social media
- Attracting candidates
- Legal Framework
- Equality Act
- Human Rights Act
- Protected Characteristics
- Unacceptable behaviours
- Bullying and Harassment
- Direct and Indirect Discrimination
- Banter – what’s ok?
- Gender Identity
- What is gender identity
- Understanding terminology
- Supporting transgender people in the workplace
- Creating an Inclusive Environment
- Processes, policies, systems, forms
- Supportive behaviours
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, 9.30am – 12.00noon, attendance is required on both days.
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business