Due to the ongoing impact of Coronavirus we have moved many of our face to face training courses online.
We are now able to offer zoom based training to employees working from home, on furlough, or joining in from a socially distanced office.
Is this course for me?
Being assertive means being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm and positive way, without being either aggressive, or passively accepting ‘wrong’.
Assertive individuals can get their point across without upsetting others or becoming upset themselves.
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to learn how and when to use Assertiveness appropriately in the workplace and is suitable for all levels of seniority.
Learning Methods Used
The training is delivered live via Zoom by one of our associate trainers who will use a mix of taught input, breakout discussions, exercises and self-directed learning to guide you through the content.
The content is delivered in two separate 2.5hr zoom sessions to ensure that delegates are able to maintain focus for the full session.
Our assertiveness training gives delegates the skills to become more confident and effective employees and better managers and leaders.
Delegates learn how to use different behaviours to deal assertively with colleagues, managers, suppliers and customers. They explore how to positively influence people and maintain a strong working relationship, even when someone challenges their opinion or disagrees with them. The course is suitable for employees in all roles.
- What is, and what isn’t, Assertiveness.
- What is appropriate in a work environment.
- Understanding your preferred communication style.
- Knowing how, and when, to adapt your approach to achieve your aims.
- Assertive body language and voice
- Choosing useful and effective words
- Managing disagreement
- Dealing with conflict assertively and sensitively
- Confidence and anchoring a resourceful state
- Managing nerves and anxiety
- How to say No - Boundaries.
- Developing a personal assertiveness action plan focused specifically on your work responsibilities.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, 9.30am – 12.00pm, attendance is required on both days.
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Professional Writing for Work and Business
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)