Who is it for and what is the Aim?
This is a one-day training course that gives you the basic understanding of using Adobe Photoshop and will introduce you to some of the key aspects of working with the leading image editing software.
This course is aimed at people wanting to take their first steps into the world of Photoshop to understand its potential, or for people with some experience who want to gain more confidence with the application.
This course is also useful for small business owners looking to expand their skill set to improve their business marketing imagery.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop, resolution, palettes, tools, size and cropping
- Basics to colour modes, retouch and repair
- Understanding basics of selections, layers and blending modes
- Basic editing: colour, darkening, lightening, contrast, saturation/de-saturate
How to Use Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the leading image manipulation software and is the industry standard. Once you understand the basics of this programme you will have the confidence to explore under your own guidance other techniques to develop your skills.
Throughout the day there will be extension activities provided for those more confident with the software to develop their skills further.
How will Delegates Learn?
- You will be provided with tutorial handouts, to make notes on for each section
- Through demonstration and practical application you will be guided through the tutorials throughout the day, using small building blocks of learning
- An informal approach will be taken and so you are encouraged to question and review
- Your understanding will be assessed through question and answer and your outcomes
This is a fun and practical course designed to help those new to Adobe Photoshop to become proficient and produce high quality imagery for a variety of purposes.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 1 day – 09:30 – 16:30
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Please bring with you a fully charged laptop with access to your files, email and images that has Adobe software installed
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)