Who is it for and what is the Aim?
This is a one-day training course that gives you the basic understanding of using Canva to produce professional looking graphics and using email marketing (MailChimp) to connect with your audience.
Email marketing is still the most cost effective of all the digital marketing techniques for many companies and organisations. However, most email campaigns that are sent out are not very effective because of a lack of understanding of best practice and the techniques that can be employed to generate greater engagement and conversion.
Also the quality of the graphics and imagery often can be dull, lack lustre and uninteresting, which is where Canva can help you to develop a basic understanding of design and how to produce professional looking graphics.
This course is useful for small business owners looking to expand their skill set to improve their business marketing collateral and branding. This will also be of value to marketing departments wanting to know more about design and raising the standard of their marketing materials.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to Mailchimp and the concept of email, using a list and the law
- Understanding the different types of email campaigns and what makes them effective
- Create engaging content and eye-catching subject lines
- Producing a template for a newsletter in MailChimp
- Introduction to Canva and basic tools
- Understanding basic design principles of colour, typography, hierarchy, composition and signposting
How to Use MailChimp and Canva
Despite the prevalence of Spam emails, Email marketing is still one of the most effective of all the digital marketing techniques for many companies and organisations.
Mail Chimp is a tool that offers a low-cost solution for you to easily create email templates, set up campaigns and combined with Canva will enable you to produce eye-catching graphics that will connect with your audience.
How will Delegates Learn?
- Set up an account on MailChimp and Canva
- Produce engaging content for newsletter liked to your audience
- Understand roles of newsletter and graphics
- Import contacts and set up a campaign
- Apply graphic design principles to produce professional looking graphic imagery
- Complete a newsletter template design with the graphics from Canva
- This is a fun and practical course designed to help those new to email marketing and design to become proficient and to engage clients with quality content.
You will need to bring your own charged laptops, have access to images and business logos, your social media platforms; passwords/user names, logo and any brand guidelines etc.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 1 day – 09:30 – 16:30
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business