Due to the ongoing impact of Coronavirus we have moved many of our face to face training courses online.
We are now able to offer zoom based training to employees working from home, on furlough, or joining in from a socially distanced office.
Is this online seminar for me?
Recruiting can be time consuming and costly and the impact on the team of an unsuitable hire can be significant. An ideal recruitment will gain you an effective new member of staff, who adds value to the team and is aligned with your values and ways of working.
Ensuring that you run a thorough, fair and legal recruitment process means that you are able to showcase yourselves as an employer and build a strong reputation that attracts future candidates.
This course is aimed at anyone who has responsibility for recruiting and interviewing new hires.
Learning Methods Used
The training is delivered live via Zoom by one of our associate trainers who will use a mix of taught input, breakout discussions, exercises and self-directed learning to guide you through the content.
The content is delivered in two separate 2.5hr zoom sessions to ensure that delegates are able to maintain focus for the full session.
- Purpose of recruitment
- Identifying need
- Approach and documentation
- Job Descriptions and Person Specifications
- Application methods
- Sifting and shortlisting
- Assessment approaches
- Judgement, Bias and Inclusion
- Legal context
- Listening & Questioning
- Dealing with Issues
- Preparing for Interview (some preparation will have been completed between sessions)
- Practice interviews
- Short mock interview practice
- Giving candidates feedback
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, 9.30am – 12.00pm, attendance is required on both days.
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Professional Writing for Work and Business
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)