This course is designed not only for middle managers, line managers but also for supervisors.
Those working at the coal face can often spot opportunities to optimise profits better than anyone else once the subject is demystified and once they realise they can make a difference. This also enhances the opportunity for supervisors to engage in the decision making of the business giving management the chance to identify talent.
What will you learn?
Learners will be able to explain basic financial terms and know how to calculate operational and financial ratios.
They will be able to explain the structure of a balance sheet and profit and loss account and how they are related.
They will then be better placed to understand their key performance indicators and how they are calculated so they can engage in the target setting and monitoring process. This will introduce the budgeting and forecasting and their role in it.
Learners will be introduced to the concept of Breakeven Analysis and how this affects decision making.
In support of this, pricing strategies will be explained, and individuals will be able to work some examples.
They will be able to identify areas of costs and where they fit in the Profit and Loss Statement and spot areas where they can make a difference and suggest improvements.
Learners will be introduced to the concept of cash flow and signposted to further input on this subject area.
It is recommended that learners bring calculators or ensure they have appropriate apps.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This course is delivered over 1 day – 9.30am to 4.30pm
Individual cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
16th March 2020
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- Creating an Engaging & Engaged Workforce
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Enlightened Leadership Skills
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Grow your Business using Instagram & YouTube
- How to Manage Change
- How to Master Email Marketing
- How to Use Social Media to Improve your Company's Visibility
- How to Use Twitter & Facebook for Business and Grow Sales
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installation (18th Edition)
- LinkedIn for Business
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate - Building better Speadsheets
- Microsoft Excel Programming
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Supporting Mental Health
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Vision and Goal Setting for Start-Up and Small Business Owners
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets