Due to the ongoing impact of Coronavirus we have moved many of our face to face training courses online.
We are now able to offer zoom based training to employees working from home, on furlough, or joining in from a socially distanced office.
Is this online seminar for me?
Managing performance is more than just appraisals. It’s an ongoing process of building effective relationships with the people you manage, supporting and developing them and helping them to achieve their own and the organisations goals.
Effective performance management is a daily activity and an intrinsic part of the manager’s toolkit. It gives your reports clarity and direction, helps them to fully engage with the organisation and gives you the opportunity to tackle issues before they become problems.
Learning Methods Used
The training is delivered live via Zoom by one of our associate trainers who will use a mix of taught input, breakout discussions, exercises and self-directed learning to guide you through the content.
The content is delivered in two separate 2.5hr zoom sessions to ensure that delegates are able to maintain focus for the full session.
This course is for anyone from supervisor level upwards who is responsible for the performance and behaviour of another colleague.
- What is Performance Management?
- Introduction to theories of motivation in relation to managing performance
- Using organisational values and competency frameworks for performance management.
- Building effective relationships
- The performance management and appraisal cycle
- SMART target setting
- Goal setting using the GROW model
- Identifying and addressing development needs
- Monitoring performance
- Identifying and addressing underperformance
- Constructive feedback skills
- Dealing with difficult conversations
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, 9.30am – 12.00pm, attendance is required on both days.
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Professional Writing for Work and Business
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)