Project Management (PM) can be key to the successful development of an organisation, with PM tools being instrumental in introducing key elements such as formal planning, and risk and resource management, as well as giving structure to activities. The opportunity for SMEs to capitalise on the benefits offered by project management is substantial.
The principles and techniques underlying Project Management can be used to great effect within any sized business to make it more efficient and ultimately grow. Managing and controlling the business and its work is becoming increasingly more important, particularly as the demands on employers’ and employees’ time is forever increasing.
This two-day programme offers participants the opportunity to explore the fundamentals of Project Management, including starting, delivering, monitoring and evaluating a project that will meet the required objectives, as well as the expectations of the various stakeholders concerned. It will allow participants to see how the various principles and tools can be applied to the delivery of a wide range of informal and formal initiatives within their own organisations, helping the business to become more efficient through the saving of both time and money.
Duration and Attendance
This is a two-day course - 9.30am to 4.30pm both days.
Course dates: 19th and 20th March 2018
What to expect
This action-learning programme will include workshop activities and facilitated group discussions, providing colleagues with essential knowledge of the key aspects of Project Management. It will also provide participants with an opportunity to apply this knowledge and develop their Project Management skills through simulated activities as well as the planning of their own project.
The programme will offer a broad understanding of Project Management including:
- Project Management Principles
- The Project Manager and Project Team
- Useful Project Management Tools
- Initiating a Project
- Planning the Project, including Risk Management and Project Organisation
- Project Delivery, Monitoring and Control
- Closing the Project
Is it for you?
This programme is useful to a wide range of individuals, including:
- any manager or leader interested in enhancing the efficiency of their organisation or team, through the introduction of effective project planning practices
- any individual who wishes to improve the efficiency of their own day-to-day working by applying project management techniques
- anyone whose work indirectly or directly supports the delivery of a project
- any person involved in a project or change management process, who would like to improve the effectiveness of their team
The programme is not suitable for individuals who have already achieved a Project Management qualification.
At the end of the programme, you will have a clear understanding of how Project Management can enhance the delivery of any business-related project. Exploring and using the various principles, concepts, tools and techniques through the various simulations or planning of your own project will help increase your confidence and effectiveness in the delivery of a wide range of project-related initiatives.
This course costs £295 per individual.
How to Apply
To apply for this course please contact: Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security For Everyday Life
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Email Marketing
- Excel VBA
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to the Polish Language and Culture for British Business
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Performance Management
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Social Selling - Developing a Great Sales Pipeline
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety