This one-day workshop is for anyone involved with organising agendas and taking minutes in meetings, including those who may have to chair and take their own minutes. It will give you an overview and practical tips for developing your own effective system in your own organisation. You may also discover how to assist the not so good Chair to improve!
Minutes are a record of a meeting that has taken place. They may be formal, word for word minutes or key points only. However, accurate recording is essential. Without the skills, techniques and, most importantly confidence, this can be very difficult to achieve (and stressful). Many people who are asked to organise and attend meetings as minute takers have no formal training in this important role. So, take a day out and return to work with plenty of ideas and a framework for putting the skills of this very important job into place.
Learn How To
- Use guidelines for preparing meetings
- Write effective and useful agendas
- Liaise effectively with chairs
- Develop and use your own framework / template for taking notes and writing minutes.
Summary of Workshop Content
- Defining ‘agendas’ and ‘minutes’.
- Advantages of a writing system for meetings.
- Thorough preparation including planning and writing an agenda.
- Easy methods of taking minutes.
- Writing minutes - style, language and layout.
This is a very practical day using your own and others’ experiences, hints and tips. You will gain more understanding of the areas that could be improved for you and how to work towards those. You will return to work with a valuable, personalised tool that can be adapted for all types of meetings.
Programme Delivery & Cost
Full day course – 09.30-16.30
Individual price: £99.00
Next Course Dates
Further Information and Booking
If you are interested in this course then please contact us
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business