Who is it for and what is the Aim?
This is a one-day training course that gives you the basic understanding of using social media to effectively market your business or ideas.
This course is aimed at people wanting to take their first steps into the world of desktop publishing and design, whether it is designing and producing a newsletters, brochure, posters, flyers or simply better training literature - InDesign allows you to have the quality and control to produce professional looking literature.
People may want to understand its potential, or for people with some experience who want to gain more confidence with the application.
This course is useful for small business owners looking to expand their skill set to improve their business marketing collateral and branding. This will also be of value to marketing departments wanting to know more about design and raising the standard of their marketing materials.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to the Social media platforms, B2B, B2C and understanding which is right for your business and review your competitors
- Review of business pages; setting up correctly and reviewing security/trouble shooting
- Looking at your branding across platforms, brand values, tone of voice and long/short term goals
- Understanding File management, size, resolution and purpose – png, jpeg, pdf etc.
- Review target audience persona
- Develop content plan, scheduling and time management
- Looking at image and headlines, hashtags and engagement
- Brief overview of analytics, testing and review
How to Use Social Media
This one day course covers topics which will help to develop your social media understanding and skills, provide a guide into what a successful social media plan consists of, how to identify and engage your target audience as well as identifying the tools to measure your social media success with tips on time saving, all relevant to your businesses.
How will Delegates Learn?
- You will be provided with tutorial handouts, to make notes on for each section
- Through demonstration and practical application you will be guided through the tutorials throughout the day, using small building blocks of learning
- An informal approach will be taken and so you are encouraged to question and review
- Your understanding will be assessed through question and answer and your outcomes
You will need to bring your own charged laptops, have access to images, your social media platforms; passwords/user names, logo and any brand guidelines etc. You will need to know who are your competitors, aspirational competitors, those in your industry that are good exemplars of using their social media effectively.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The course is delivered over 1 day – 09:30 – 16:30
Individual Cost: £99.00
Next Course Date
Please bring with you a fully charged laptop with access to your files, email and images
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness and how to be a better manager
- Awareness for first aid and mental health
- Commercial English
- Customer Service Excellence
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Effective Recruitment
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Manage Change
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills Outline Clarke HR
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills Outline Clarke HR
- Introduction to Project Management
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media
- Team Dynamics and Team Building
- Time Management & Effective Delegation