This course will equip non-finance managers with knowledge and understanding that will help them to use and interpret financial statements, to understand the language of finance, to understand cash and liquidity management, to understand and use budgeting and budget analysis processes.
What does the course cover?
- Understanding the key financial statements: The statement of financial position (balance sheet) and the statement of profit or loss (income statement), including: the key components such as assets, liabilities, revenue, costs and expenses.
- The interpretation of the information included in the key financial statements, including: performance indicators/key performance ratios and what they say about the business.
- Cash control, liquidity, cash and liquidity management and the link to profit.
- Budget management: flexed budgets, standard costing and the interpretation of budgets and business performance
Delivery and Attendance
This course will run at York College, 9.30am – 4.30pm on 21st May 2018.
£80.00 per delegate
Further Information and Booking
If you are interested in this course then please contact us:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security For Everyday Life
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Email Marketing
- Excel VBA
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to the Polish Language and Culture for British Business
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Performance Management
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Social Selling - Developing a Great Sales Pipeline
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety