This programme is a one-day practical course that provides delegates with the confidence to use woodworking machinery in a safe and effective way.
By the end of the course, students will be able to demonstrate confidence in the operation of the following machines:
Circular rip saw
Surface planing machine
Thickness planing machine
Narrow band saw.
The key areas to be covered in the use of these machines are listed below:
Correct selection of machine for the type of work to be done
Purpose and adjustment of guards and safeguards
Correct selection and use of safety devices:
Push sticks, push spikes, jigs and work holders.
Practical understanding and application of legal requirements
Safe working practices to include:
Feeding, setting, cleaning and taking off.
All training will follow the 1998 Regulations in Provision and Use of Work Equipment, as applied to wood working machinery.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The cost for this course is £150.
Next Course Dates
Bespoke course, dates available on request.
Further Information and Booking
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- Creating an Engaging & Engaged Workforce
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Enlightened Leadership Skills
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Grow your Business using Instagram & YouTube
- How to Manage Change
- How to Master Email Marketing
- How to Use Social Media to Improve your Company's Visibility
- How to Use Twitter & Facebook for Business and Grow Sales
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installation (18th Edition)
- LinkedIn for Business
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate - Building better Speadsheets
- Microsoft Excel Programming
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Supporting Mental Health
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets