Legislation requires that all managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, food manufacturing or food retail businesses have this qualification. Relevant for those who have to develop or monitor food safety management procedures and systems.
This course will enable candidates to have the ability to implement and supervise food safety management systems, understand food safety procedures, understand food hazards and the risks associated with cross contamination and to be able to implement and supervise high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
This 3 day accredited programme is designed for managers and supervisors in food manufacturing or catering businesses who understand and have knowledge of basic food hygiene and ideally hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
Implementing good food safety procedures
Contributing to the safety training of others
Assessment is via a multi-choice examination (45 questions to be completed in 1½ hours, candidates must achieve 30 correct answers to pass (66%)) which the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health will issue a certificate to successful candidates who achieve the required level of assessment.
Candidates will have to provide some form of photographic ID prior to sitting the exam.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This programme is held at York College, Sim Balk Lane and runs from 8.45am - 4.30pm.
The individual price is £285 which includes tuition, course text book, examination and certification. Lunch is not included in this programme.
Next Course Date
16th June 2021 - 18th June 2021, Wednesday - Friday
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Professional Writing for Work and Business
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)