The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Healthy (NEBOSH) awarding body is aimed at professionals and managers who have a specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy.
The aim of the NEBOSH National General Certificate programme is to provide delegates with a general understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implications for their organisation. This programme is suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Employee Representatives and others wishing to gain underpinning knowledge in occupational safety and health. The programme is suitable for non-specialists in occupational health and safety.
The key topics covered by the qualification are:
The key legal requirements for managing health and safety at work
The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems
Principles and practice of risk assessment
The identification of workplace hazards such as those associated with general workplace issues, fire, electricity etc.
Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards
The programme is divided into two areas: the management of safety and health and controlling workplace hazards, covering the following topics:
- Hazards and safe systems of work
- Fire prevention measures and actions
- Controlling health hazards
- Methods of controlling risks
- Effective communication
- Investigation of accidents and incidents
- Maintenance of accident records
- Compliance with general legislation
Delegates will be expected to complete course assignments and conduct private study whilst on the programme.
Assessment is by an end examination comprising two written papers (Paper NGC1 Management of Health and Safety and Paper GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards) and a practical assessment (GC3 Health and Safety Practical Applications).
NEBOSH will award certification upon successful completion of the written papers and practical assessments.
Individual price: £999 per delegate which includes tuition, course textbook, examinations and certification.
Next Course Start Dates
2nd September – 9th December 2020 (15 Weeks) Exam Date 9th December 2020
24th February – 2nd June 2021 (15 Weeks) Exam Date 2nd June 2021 (dates to be confirmed)
1 day per week (Wednesday) for 15 weeks – 9am to 4.30pm
Further Information and Booking
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Commercial English
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business
- Workplace Communication (Online)