The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) awarding body is aimed at professionals and managers who have a specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy.
The aim of the NEBOSH National General Certificate programme is to provide delegates with a general understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implications for their organisation. This programme is suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Employee Representatives and others wishing to gain underpinning knowledge in occupational safety and health.
The key topics covered by the qualification are:
- The key legal requirements for managing health and safety at work
- The importance of and key elements of health and safety management systems
- Principles and practice of risk assessment
- The identification of workplace hazards such as those associated with general workplace issues, fire, electricity etc
- Methods for controlling identified workplace hazards
- See: https://www.nebosh.org.uk/qualifications/national-general-certificate/
The programme is divided into two areas: the management of safety and health and controlling workplace hazards, covering the following topics:
- Hazards and safe systems of work
- Fire prevention measures and actions
- Controlling health hazards
- Methods of controlling risks
- Effective communication
- Investigation of accidents and incidents
- Maintenance of accident records
- PCompliance with general legislation
Delegates will be expected to complete course assignments and conduct private study whilst on the programme.
Assessment is by an end examination comprising two written papers (Paper NGC1 Management of Health and Safety and Paper GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards) and a practical assessment (GC3 Health and Safety Practical Applications).
NEBOSH will award certification upon successful completion of the written papers and practical assessments.
Individual price: £999 per delegate which includes tuition, course textbook, examinations and certification.
Next Course Dates
28th August 2019 - 4th December 2019
12th February 2020 - 3rd June 2020
1 day per week. 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Highfield Level 2 Allergen Awareness
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Performance Management
- Wood Safety