The NEBOSH learning Partner Silver Status means York College has been assessed against NEBOSH global best practice criteria and learners can be assured our tuition is high quality and you will be supported on your learning journey.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Healthy (NEBOSH) awarding body is aimed at professionals and managers who have a specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy.
The aim of the NEBOSH National General Certificate programme is to provide delegates with a general understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implications for their organisation. This programme is suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Employee Representatives and others wishing to gain underpinning knowledge in occupational safety and health. The programme is suitable for non-specialists in occupational health and safety.
The key topics covered by the qualification are:
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
Delegates will be expected to complete course assignments and conduct private study whilst on the programme.
Paper NG1 Management of Health and Safety
Assessment is by an open book written examination comprising of one paper which is completed out online
NG2 Health and Safety is a practical application comprising of a risk assessment project carried out in the workplace
Delegates will also have a closing interview approx. 2 weeks after the course, dates/times to be arranged individually. The interview questions are designed to check you have the underpinning knowledge and understanding behind your answers in the examinations.
NEBOSH will award certification upon successful completion of the open book exam and practical assessment.
Individual price: £1,100 per delegate which includes tuition, course textbook, examination and certification.
Next Course Start Dates
5th May 2021 - 4th August 2021
1 day per week for 13 weeks (Wednesday) plus the exam day.
Further Information and Booking
York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Please see the NEBOSH website which contains a range of student useful information:
This website holds specific NEBOSH student Terms and Conditions
In addition please see York College’s Student Charter for a range of useful information:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business