Our assertiveness training gives delegates the skills to become better managers and leaders.
Delegates learn how to use different behaviours to deal assertively with colleagues, managers, suppliers and customers. They discover how to influence people and maintain a positive working relationship, even when someone challenges their opinion or disagrees with them. The course is suitable for all levels of seniority.
Course objectives and overview.
Identifying what constitutes ‘assertiveness’ in a work environment.
Understanding your natural style
Revealing if your natural communication style is helping or hindering you.
Knowing how and when to adapt your assertiveness style to really influence a challenging situation in the workplace.
Exploring different ways to be assertive and influential in work situations.
Using your body language and voice assertively to get people to listen to you and respect your opinion.
Focusing your message and knowing what you want to achieve.
Using positive language even when communicating messages people don’t want to hear.
Finding a way to enthuse people by making your message positive even when they disagree with you.
Confidence and assertiveness
Feeling comfortable and having confidence when presenting your opinion assertively to seniors.
Overcoming shyness when speaking in front of a group at work meetings.
Turning nerves or anxiety into positive traits that help, rather than hinder you when you need to be assertive.
Assertiveness in practice
Saying ‘No’ assertively when a work colleague asks you to do something that will affect your other priorities.
Using work meetings as a focus for adopting assertive behaviour.
Dealing with conflict assertively and sensitively.
Developing a personal assertiveness action plan focused specifically on your work responsibilities.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The Assertiveness Training course is held over one day, from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Individual price: £99.00. Includes course notes and tuition.
Next Course Dates
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Creating an Engaging & Engaged Workforce
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Enlightened Leadership Skills
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Grow your Business using Instagram & YouTube
- How to Manage Change
- How to Master Email Marketing
- How to Use Social Media to Improve your Company's Visibility
- How to Use Twitter & Facebook for Business and Grow Sales
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installation (18th Edition)
- LinkedIn for Business
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate - Building better Speadsheets
- Microsoft Excel Programming
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Supporting Mental Health
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets