Our assertiveness training gives delegates the skills to become better managers and leaders.
Delegates learn how to use different behaviours to deal assertively with colleagues, managers, suppliers and customers. They discover how to influence people and maintain a positive working relationship, even when someone challenges their opinion or disagrees with them. The course is suitable for all levels of seniority.
Course objectives and overview.
Identifying what constitutes ‘assertiveness’ in a work environment.
Understanding your natural style
Revealing if your natural communication style is helping or hindering you
Knowing how and when to adapt your assertiveness style to really influence a challenging situation in the workplace.
Exploring different ways to be assertive and influential in work situations.
Using your body language and voice assertively to get people to listen to you and respect your opinion.
Focusing your message and knowing what you want to achieve.
Using positive language even when communicating messages people don’t want to hear.
Finding a way to enthuse people by making your message positive even when they disagree with you.
Confidence and assertiveness
Feeling comfortable and having confidence when presenting your opinion assertively to seniors.
Overcoming shyness when speaking in front of a group at work meetings.
Turning nerves or anxiety into positive traits that help, rather than hinder you when you need to be assertive.
Assertiveness in practice
Saying ‘No’ assertively when a work colleague asks you to do something that will affect your other priorities.
Using work meetings as a focus for adopting assertive behaviour.
Dealing with conflict assertively and sensitively.
Developing a personal assertiveness action plan focused specifically on your work responsibilities.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The Assertiveness Training course is held over one day, from 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Individual price: £99.00. Includes course notes and tuition.
Next Course Dates
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 Option 1
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Assertiveness (Online)
- Customer Service & Handling Difficult Situations (Online)
- Customer Service Excellence
- Effective Recruitment (Online)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Online)
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 2
- First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
- Graphic Design Basics for your Business
- HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- HABC Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction Management and Supervisory Skills (Online)
- Introduction to Management & Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Managing Safely
- Level 1 Award Awareness for First Aid and Mental Health
- Managing Change
- Maximise Your Potential (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Advanced (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate (Online)
- Microsoft Excel Introduction
- Microsoft Excel Introduction (Online)
- Minutes and Agendas
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate Occupational Health & Safety
- Online Design using Canva and Email Marketing
- Performance Management (Online)
- Presentation Skills
- Social Media Basics for your Business