Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at learners who wish to develop skills and progress to a teaching role within the workplace. Learners do not have to be currently in a teaching role.
This course is also suitable for workplace assessors who wish to develop their teaching/training skills.
The course consists of 3 units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
Learners should hold a GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above.
Dates and Times
18th September 2019 - 18th December 2019
4th March 2020 - 17th June 2020
Time: 5.30pm - 8.30pm
As well as studying the knowledge elements of the course, learners will be required to deliver a 15 minute microteach to their class peers.
The course is classroom based but there is an option to do the course online. However learners must complete the microteach element in the classroom.
Exams and Assessments
A portfolio of evidence is required as well as the assessed microteach.
NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Please note this qualification does not give learners Qualified Teacher Status.
Learners may progress on to: Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training or Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness