Who is this course aimed at?
This certificate is designed for learners who are or wish to assess knowledge and understanding and vocational competency in the work place.
The course consists of 3 units:
- Understanding the principals and practice of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
GCSE or equivalent at Grade 4 (C) or above.
Trainee assessors MUST have access and be able to assess at least two learners in the workplace. It is the trainee assessor’s responsibility to find their own learners.
Dates and Times
4th February 2019 - 13th May 2019 (7 weeks)
The course will have two cohorts, September 18 and Jan 19.
Learners will gain skills and confidence in assessing competence in the workplace and knowledge evidence, using a variety of methods.
The course will be classroom based for knowledge and practical work will be assed in the workplace.
Exams and AssessmentsLearners will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence as well as being observed.
NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
After successfully completing this course learners may progress to:
L4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
L4 Certificate in Education and Training
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness