This qualification is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. It particularly supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Benefits for individuals:
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Benefits for employers:
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
To be in or aspiring to a middle leadership or management position. To have a reasonable standard of written English (there is significant reading and assignment-writing to complete).
Dates and Times
Start date: 1st March 2018
End date: 7th June 2018
Time: 13.30pm - 16.30pm
The qualification consists of a range of units covering core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate – plus skills in communication, team leadership, change, innovation and managing people and relationships. The breadth of the unit material allows the certificate to be tailored to meet the needs of different individuals and employers.
Exams and Assessment
For each unit you will be required to provide written evidence to satisfy the learning outcomes. This will consist of a range of formal written academic assignments, logs and presentations. You will be required to produce a portfolio of appropriate evidence along with supporting documentation.
- A higher Level Leadership or Management course
- Employment in a team leader or management role
- Employment as an associate teacher/trainer
- Certificate in Education and Training (CET)
- Certificate in Education or Professional/Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
The cost of this course is £724.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Ascentis Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- City & Guilds Introduction to Trainer Skills
- Gateway Dyslexia Awareness
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance Awards