This qualification is designed for junior and middle managers seeking to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to coach and mentor people as part of their normal role. It is also the ideal starting point for a career in coaching and mentoring.
Benefits for individuals
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and/or mentoring models
- Develop practical skills, tools and techniques to support these models
- Put your new skills into practice – carry out supervised coaching and/or mentoring sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching and/or mentoring ability
Benefits for employers
- Implement coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Benchmark your organisation’s coaching and mentoring practice against nationally recognised standards
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation that means that all managers are able and willing to coach and mentor others and support their professional development
During the course you will need to show clear and auditable evidence of a minimum of 36 hours of formal workplace coaching and maintain a coaching diary to evidence practice. If you are not currently working within an organisation, then you may complete this task in relation to an organisation with which you are familiar. This could include experience working in a voluntary capacity.
Dates and Times
24th January 2018 - 2nd May 2018
Time: 13.30pm - 16.30pm
There are two mandatory units in this qualification, which focus on understanding good practice in workplace coaching and mentoring. They introduce what coaches and mentors do, the processes they follow and the qualities and abilities individuals need to be effective in these roles. You will complete the qualification with two additional units. The first deals with reflecting on own skills as a coach or mentor in the workplace. The second requires you to plan and carry out 36 hours of either coaching or mentoring, with appropriate supervision and support.
Exams and Assessments
For each unit you will be required to provide written evidence to satisfy the learning outcomes. This will consist of a range of formal written academic assignments, a coaching or mentoring log and in-class presentations. You will be required to produce a portfolio of appropriate evidence along with supporting documentation.
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Employment in a coaching or mentoring role
- Employment as an associate teacher/trainer
- Certificate in Education and Training (CET)
- Certificate in Education or Professional/Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
The cost of this course is £724.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Ascentis Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- City & Guilds Introduction to Trainer Skills
- Gateway Dyslexia Awareness
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance Awards