If you wish to study this course full-time you must apply through UCAS; UCAS Code P3S8, Institution Code Y70.
View the York College agreement with the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) and an explanation on how fee income will be used to support students.
The HND in Creative Media Production – Game Development aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to apply directly to working in the industry. There is a distinct focus on employment-ready training, allowing our students to utilise their skills and expertise, both in their College work and during their time in industry.
This course has been designed for students who are keen to develop the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in computer games development. Assessment occurs through a series of assignment briefs that together build to a final grade.
Did You Know?
The HND has been designed to meet the needs and expectations of students aspiring to work in an international creative media production environment.
- Contextual studies for creative media production
- Creative media industry
- Research techniques for creative media production
- Drawing techniques for computer game concept art
- Principles of animation
- Emerging technologies
- Advanced game development studies
- Personal professional development
Skills You Will Learn
- Sector-specific practical skills
- 2D/3D modelling
- Presentation skills
- Rendering and lighting skills
- Industry knowledge
- Visual communication skills
- Character art skills and creativity
- Game mechanics
- Visual FX Artist
- Games Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Specialist
- Computer Graphics Artist
Full time: £7200
How to Apply
You need to apply for this course through the UCAS website.