No formal qualifications are required but a logical mind and a willingness to experiment and explore would be a big help.
Who it’s for?
Aimed at anyone who has concerns about protecting their safety while operating online whether that be for personal or business use, and classify themselves as beginners.
The course runs weekly for two weeks. Lessons from 6pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
We are hoping to run this course again soon. Please check back here for updated dates when they are released.
This introductory course to cyber security will enable you to get online with great confidence in being able to protect yourself.
You will be introduced to a range of subjects including:
- The Do's and Don’ts of the internet
- Search engines and URL security
- How to stay safe when using a public network
- Removing cookies, Internet browse history & temporary internet files
- Disabling ad-ons
- How to spot fake emails
There is no formal qualification for this course but a college certificate of attendance can be provided if required.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Digital Marketing
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Social Media for Business
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Staying Safe Online
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Web Design for Beginners