No formal qualifications are required but a logical mind and a willingness to experiment and explore would be a big help.
Dates and Times
This course is aimed at getting you started with coding in Python using the Raspberry Pi. It is aimed at anyone who has an interest in learning to code but has no previous experience. You will learn the basics of coding including:
- Variables and arrays
- Loops and conditionals
- Specialist functions
This is a practical, hands-on course. You will learn by completing a number of simple programming tasks and then putting the skills and knowledge gained together to tackle a more complete project. This should give you the confidence to continue your learning beyond the course.
There is no recognised qualification associated with this course.
More advanced Python programming courses may run in the future depending on levels of interest.
The cost of this course is £280.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- BTEC Level 2 Award for IT Users (ITQ)
- Raspberry Pi Coding With Python
- Web Development
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Digital Marketing
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Social Media for Business
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Beginners Guide to Staying Safe Online
- York College Certificate - Digital Knowhow - Web Design for Beginners