Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
Are you interested in studying a course that explores computer games development? Do you want to design, develop and produce your own computer game?
This Level 2 Games Development course introduces you to the world of professional computer game development, helping you build the design and technical skills you need for successful progression onto the Level 3 Computer Games Development course.
It is a largely practical programme that offers you the opportunity to fully explore your own ideas and the skills needed to bring these to life. You will also learn important supporting games theory and learn much about work in the computer games industry. You will complete work related projects and activities, which link directly to realistic workplace demands. You will be required to produce a variety of digital products, all required for the creation of computer games, as well as exploring games mechanics, ludology and narrative. At the end of the course, you will be given freedom to design and develop your own computer game.
- Audio Production for Computer Games
- Video Production for Computer Games
- Graphics for Computer Games
- Computer Games Engines
- Computer Games Development
- Researching Games Projects
- Understanding the Computer Games Audience
- Final Computer Games Production Project
Students may also be required to undertake GCSEs in English and Maths as required for their progression.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through coursework.
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of the course, you can progress onto a Level 3 programme in one of the specialist pathways offered at the College.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Computer Game Development Diploma Level 2
- Computer Games Development Extended Diploma Level 3
- Computing Extended National Diploma Level 3
- Digital Media Production Introductory Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies Extended Certificate Level 2
- T Level: Digital Production, Design and Development Level 3