York College

Industry Insights

Web design and development professionals

Up to £24,000

Find out more

Design and development engineers

Up to £29,000

Find out more

Product, clothing and related designers

Up to £39,000

Find out more

Entry requirements

Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.

Duration

Two year course.

Overview

This new course for 2021 is a ground-breaking two-year Level 3 study programme that will offer students a mixture of classroom-based learning and on-the-job experience. T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is an industry placement, where students put these skills into action. A vocational alternative to A Levels and Apprenticeships.

An important requirement of the programme is that all students must complete a 315 hour (approximately 45 days) work placement with an employer in the digital sector. We will help and support students in finding the right placement.

The purpose of the Level 3 Technical qualification in Digital is to ensure that students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into highly skilled employment, a Higher Apprenticeship or higher level study.

What will I study?

The Technical Qualification is the main classroom-based element of the course and consists of two components:

Core Content

Provides students with the knowledge that underpins the industry with topics which could include business context, data, digital analysis, digital environments, security and legislation.

Occupational Specialisms

Students will study units specialising in digital design, production and development. Further specialisms will be available from 2021 onwards.

The industry placement allows students to develop their subject specific skills as well as those necessary to working in any environment, such as effective planning, working with others, health and safety and promoting equality and diversity.

As well as the academic learning, students will also be working on employer set project briefs to apply and develop core workplace and subject specific skills. There is a strong emphasis on industry and professional skills within the programme, to help students build the skills necessary for when they move into employment.

How will I be assessed?

The Digital T Level is all externally assessed, and at the end of Year 1 there will be two written exams (graded A* to E like A levels) and one practical project to complete (graded Pass, Merit & Distinction like many vocational subjects). At the end of Year 2 students are required to complete a series of practical projects dependent on their industry placement (also graded A*-E). 

What could it lead to?

Students may progress in to employment, an apprenticeship or higher level study, including University.

Need Help?

Course Enquiry

Please type your full name.
Invalid email address.
Please tell us about your enquiry
×