A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D or above including Maths, English and ICT (or a vocational equivalent such as OCR National Award or Certificate in IT)
Relevant Foundation Level course in IT, subject to references and including Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English or equivalent.
We recognise that not all prospective students have the necessary formal entry requirements but never the less have a keen interest in the subject. We are always prepared to discuss options with students.
What will I study?
The units you will study:
- Planning and Pitching a Digital Media Product
- Animation for Digital Media
- Digital Testing
- Digital Games Production
- Narrative for Digital Media
- Digital Production Project
- Digital Graphics
If you do not have a grade C/grade 4 or above in Maths and English you will retake these again. Some students may study Functional Skills in Maths and English if this is more appropriate.
We also encourage students to seek work experience opportunities to support their study.
You will have at least two educational trips through the course of your study which are compulsory. In addition we encourage students to seek additional work experience opportunities to support their study. The Technical Diplomas also include input from the industry sector and talks and visits are planned with professional digital games developers.
What could it lead to?
This Technical Diploma is a respected qualification allowing access into entry-level jobs in the digital games industry, or progression onto Level 3 Digital Technologies Diplomas, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Merit grade.
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Science route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Creative Computing route) Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Digital Games Production BTEC Technical Diploma Level 2
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- IT Users Introductory Diploma Level 1