Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance. We recognise that not all prospective students have the necessary formal entry requirements, but nevertheless have a keen interest in the subject. We are always prepared to discuss options with students.
What will I study?
This one year course offers a broad introduction to a number of key digital technologies. With a heavy emphasis on technical skills development, including coding, this course is an excellent preparation for further studies in digital technologies.The topics covered are:
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A Digital Portfolio
- Multimedia Products Development
- Software Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Website Development and Automated Computer Systems
- Maths and English
If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths and English you will continue to study these.
We also encourage students to seek work experience opportunities to support their study.
You will have at least two educational trips through the course of your study which are compulsory.
How will I be assessed?
Two units are assessed through the completion of an online exam taken in June. All other units are assessed through the completion of coursework throughout the year.
What could it lead to?
This Extended Certificate is a respected qualification allowing access into entry level jobs in the IT industry, or progression onto Level 3 IT Diplomas, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Pass grade.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Computer Game Development Diploma Level 2
- Computer Games Development Extended Diploma Level 3
- Computing Extended National Diploma Level 3
- Digital Media Production Introductory Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies Extended Certificate Level 2
- T Level: Digital Production, Design and Development Level 3