GCSEs at grades E, F, G or equivalent. Entry Level 3 Certificates in Maths and English. Applicants without formal qualifications will be assessed before enrolment.
Applicants should have taken ICT at GCSE at school or OCR Awards in ICT. You must show a keen interest in the subject.
What will I study?
IT units include:
Improving Productivity using ICT
IT Software Fundamentals
Using the Internet
Using Mobile IT Devices
Design and Imaging Software
Desk Top Publishing
What Web based apps will I use?
Empressr and many more
You will also study Functional Skills in Maths and English at an appropriate level.
Alongside your main IT Diploma, you will study for the Award in Personal & Social Development at Level 1 which is part of the Foundation Learning here at York College.
Students may have the chance to go on trips and do work experience.
What could it lead to?
Students may have the option to progress to another course in College, subject to holding the necessary entry requirements, join training schemes, apprenticeships or go into employment.
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Science route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Creative Computing route) Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- IT Users Introductory Diploma Level 1