Some Level 1 qualifications will start with an introductory course to build your basic skills.
You should be interested in the Carpentry/Joinery industry and/or developing some home DIY skills, then this is the starting point.
- The ability to work well in a team
- Outstanding commitment & enthusiasm
- Interest in learning a new skill
Dates and Times
A combination of the following;
- Introduction to the construction industry
- Introduction to health and safety in construction
- Introduction to Constructing through mortice and tenon joints
- Introduction to Constructing angled halving joints
- Introduction to Constructing bridle joints
- Introduction to Constructing haunched mortice and tenon joints
- Introduction to Constructing stub mortice and tenon joints
- Introduction to Fixing architraves and skirtings
- Introduction to Constructing and fixing hatch linings
- Introduction to Fitting locks and latches
Exams and Assessments
Practical and Theory work will be assessed in line with awarding body requirements.
City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be fully qualified after this qualification?
No you will need to be employed in the industry as an apprentice and complete a Level 2 NVQ Diploma or convert an existing Level 2 Diploma to an NVQ via the completion of an on-site portfolio. This will then need to be monitored and assessed from one of our tutors/assessors.
On successful completion of this course students can progress onto a Level 1 Certificate in Construction Skills – Carpentry/Joinery.
£292 - £585.
Courses costing more than £300 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Bricklaying
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Carpentry / Joinery
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Painting & Decorating
- City & Guilds Level 1 Extended Certificate in Construction Skills - Multi-Skill
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
- NCFE Level 1 Award in Creative Crafts (Furniture)
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Crafts (Furniture)