This course is designed for anyone who would like to develop existing practical skills. The L1 Certificate is a City & Guilds qualification which focuses on the practical principles for you to build confidence and some prior knowledge you may have.
Some level 1 qualifications will start with an introductory course to build your basic skills.
Level 1 Award in Construction Skills – Brickwork and/or an interest in the Brickwork industry and/or developing some home DIY skills.
- The ability to work well in a team
- Outstanding commitment & enthusiasm
- Interest in learning a new skill
Dates and Times
1st December 2020 - 24th February 2021
Tuesday and Wednesday Evenings
A combination of the following:
- Health and safety in construction
- Constructing block walling
- Constructing half brick return
- Constructing cavity walls in brickwork and block work
- Constructing one brick walling
This course will be delivered by qualified experience tutors who are experts in their disciplines. Teaching will be done in a practical setting which will allow you to spend the time using the tools and resources.
Exams and Assessments
Practical and Theory work will be assessed in line with awarding body requirements.
City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Construction Skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be fully qualified after this qualification?
No you will need to be employed in the industry as an apprentice and complete a Level 2 NVQ Diploma or convert an existing Level 2 Diploma to a NVQ via the completion of an on-site portfolio. This will then need to be monitored and assessed from one of our tutors/assessors.
On successful completion of this course students can progress onto a Level 1 Diploma – Brickwork.
£292 - £585
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Bricklaying
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Carpentry / Joinery
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award in Construction Skills - Painting & Decorating
- City & Guilds Level 1 Extended Certificate in Construction Skills - Multi-Skill
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
- Level 1 Award in Creative Crafts (Furniture Making)
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Crafts