Two year course
The T Level qualification has been designed by a panel of employers, professional bodies and education specialists. The purpose of the Level 3 Technical qualification is to ensure that students have the knowledge and skills to progress into skilled employment or higher level training relevant to the T Level.
This qualification is a combination of classroom theory, practical learning and industry placement (work experience) with an employer.
The Technical Qualification is the main classroom based element of the course and consists of two components:
The core content focuses on the students’ knowledge and understanding relevant to design, surveying and planning within the construction industry. The breadth of the content will ensure students are able to apply their skills in a variety of contexts and purposes, relating to employment in the occupations linked to the qualification. Topics will include;
- Health & Safety,
- Science, Building Technology,
- Project Management,
- Commercial / Business
Students can choose to specialise in to different occupational specialisms, this will ensure that students develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to support their development once in work (including an apprenticeship.) Occupational specialisms with this T Level include;
- Surveying & Design for Construction and the Built Environment,
- Civil Engineering,
- Building Services Design,
- Hazardous Materials Analysis & Surveying.
The industry placement allows students to develop their occupational specialism skills as well as those necessary to working in any environment, such as effective planning, working with others, health & safety and promoting equality and diversity.
What could it lead to?
Students completing this course may progress into employment, an apprenticeship or higher level of study, including university.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- T Level: Construction Level 3