Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and enthusiasm
- Good eye for detail
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Principles of construction
- Access equipment
- Preparation of surfaces for decoration
- Application of surface coatings
- Application of papers to walls and ceilings
- Producing decorative colour effects
How will I be assessed?
- 003 or 503 Level 2 Painting and Decorating - Theory exam
- 004 Level 2 Painting and Decorating - Synoptic assignment
- 820 Employer involvement
What could it lead to?
This qualification will allow you to progress into employment or onto the Level 3 Advanced Technical/Diploma in Painting and Decorating. This will allow you to enhance the skills and knowledge that you have gained at Level 2, to progress into higher job roles such as an advanced craft painter and decorator.
This qualification could also lead you to an apprenticeship in construction. There are a number of new and exciting apprenticeships currently being developed in construction, including painting and decorating, so you could progress to be an apprentice working as a painter and decorator.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- T Level: Construction Level 3