Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
Good timekeeping, attendance and the ability to research and study independently.
Who is this course suitable for?
It is for learners who work or want to work as a General Construction Operator in the Construction sector. It allows learners to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or a career as a general construction operative.
What will I study?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Construction site protection barriers
- Lay domestic drainage
- Construct foundations, slabs and paths in concrete
How will I be assessed?
Assessment in practical skills is continuous with end of module assessments in theoretical knowledge.
What could it lead to?
This course could lead to full-time employment in any one of the areas studied.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2