Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
Good timekeeping, attendance and the ability to research and study independently.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is ideally suited to someone who has finished their GCSEs or A Levels and is looking to gain employment or a career in the professional and technical aspects of construction. This course will look at construction in general whilst providing you with the academic research and assignment writing skills necessary for future study such as university.
What will I study?
The course is split into 9 separate subjects known as units which are listed below:
- Domestic construction technology
- Industrial and commercial construction technology
- Health and safety in the built environment
- Construction site supervision
- Construction science and materials
- Measurement, tendering and estimating
- Site surveying
- Sustainability and new technologies
- Mathematics for the built environment
How will I be assessed?
One online exam contributing to 40% of your overall grade.
One assignment to write contributing to 60% of your overall grade.
Both assessments cover all of the units listed above.
What could it lead to?
This course leads directly onto the Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2).
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2