Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and enthusiasm
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
How will I be assessed?
The Diploma is assessed using both practical and online multi-choice tests.
What could it lead to?
On completion of the Diploma students can progress on to the next level where appropriate, or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2