Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and enthusiasm
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out block laying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
How will I be assessed?
Assessment in practical skills is continuous with end of year assignments in theory work.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this course, students can progress on to the next level where appropriate, or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in construction.