Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn a new skill
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Cutting Templates to Form Geometric Shapes
- Setting Out and Shaping Stone by Traditional and Modern Power-assisted Methods
- Stone-cutting Skills including Squaring, Surface Finishes and Straight Mouldings
- Produce Circular Moulds, eg scroll work and ornate carvings
How will I be assessed?
Assessment in practical skills is continuous with end of module assessments in theoretical knowledge.
What could it lead to?
On completion of the Diploma, students should aim to go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Crafts Multiskill
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- T Level: Construction Level 3