Applicants for the Level 2 Diploma should ideally have completed the Bricklaying (Stonemason's Route) Diploma Level 1 and will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance onto the course. Level 1 must be completed before progressing to the Level 2 Diploma.
What will I study?
Level 2 units include:
- Cutting Templates to Form Geometric Shapes
- Setting Out and Shaping Stone by Traditional and Modern Power-assisted Methods
- Stone-cutting Skills including Squaring, Surface Finishes and Straight Mouldings
- Produce Circular Moulds, eg scroll work and ornate carvings
What could it lead to?
Students can progress onto an apprenticeship then higher level courses in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2