A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade D which should include Maths and Science.
What will I study?
The theory and practice of basic electrical installation skills:
- Working Safely as an Electrician
- Introduction to Wiring Systems (lighting, sockets)
- Electrical Principles including Resistance, Voltage and Amps
- AC and DC Supplies
All students will be expected to work towards completion of the GCSE English and/or Maths qualification (as required) alongside this course to enable progression onto Level 2.
What could it lead to?
On completion students can progress to the Level 2 programme or could transfer to the Apprenticeship Level 2.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2