Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and willingness to learn
- Ability to succeed
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
The theory and practice of basic electrical installation skills:
- Working Safely as an Electrician
- Introduction to Wiring Systems (lLighting, Sockets)
- Electrical Principles including Resistance, Voltage and Amps
- AC and DC Supplies
All students will be expected to work towards completion of the GCSE English and/or Maths qualification (as required) alongside this course to enable progression onto Level 2.
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessment in line with awarding body requirements and online tests.
What could it lead to?
On completion students can progress to the Level 2 programme or could transfer to the Apprenticeship Level 2.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Crafts Multiskill
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- T Level: Construction Level 3