Thank you for your interest to study Level 2 Electrical Installation Diploma at York College. This course has proven to be incredibly popular this year and the spaces have reached capacity much quicker than we anticipated. We are currently reviewing workshop capacity and staffing to see if it is possible to add more classes in this area. In the meantime, we are still accepting applications and adding them to a waiting list. We will be in contact with all prospective applicants as soon as possible.
Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and willingness to learn
- Ability to succeed
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Working Effectively and Safely as an Electrician
- Principles of Electrical Installation which includes Basic Mechanics (Resistance, Voltage, Amps), Magnetism and Transformers, AC and DC Supplies, Electrical Circuits, and Methods of Wiring and Earth Bonding Requirements
- Principles of Electrical Machines (AC/DC Machines)
- Electrical Installation to Buildings and Structures which includes Wiring Systems, Cable Calculations, Fire Alarms and Security Systems, and Inspection and Testing of Systems
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessment in line with awarding body requirements and online tests.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this Diploma, students can progress on to the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then on to higher level courses in construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery - Site Carpentry City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 3
- Construction Crafts Multiskill
- Construction Operations - General Construction City & Guilds Certificate Level 2
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Entry Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- T Level: Construction Level 3