For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment & willingness to learn
- Ability to succeed
- Outstanding attendance & punctuality
What will I study?
- Working Effectively and Safely as an Electrician
- Principles of Electrical Installation which includes Basic Mechanics (Resistance, Voltage, Amps), Magnetism and Transformers, AC and DC Supplies, Electrical Circuits, and Methods of Wiring and Earth Bonding Requirements
- Principles of Electrical Machines (AC/DC Machines)
- Electrical Installation to Buildings and Structures which includes Wiring Systems, Cable Calculations, Fire Alarms and Security Systems, and Inspection and Testing of Systems
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessment in line with awarding body requirements and online tests.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this Diploma students can progress on to the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then on to higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2