Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Outstanding commitment and willingness to learn
- Ability to succeed
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
What will I study?
- Working Effectively and Safely as an Electrician
- Principles of Electrical Installation which includes Basic Mechanics (Resistance, Voltage, Amps), Magnetism and Transformers, AC and DC Supplies, Electrical Circuits, and Methods of Wiring and Earth Bonding Requirements
- Principles of Electrical Machines (AC/DC Machines)
- Electrical Installation to Buildings and Structures which includes Wiring Systems, Cable Calculations, Fire Alarms and Security Systems, and Inspection and Testing of Systems
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessment in line with awarding body requirements and online tests.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this Diploma students can progress on to the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then on to higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2