The Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations or equivalent as well as GCSE grade C in Maths, English and Science or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2. Without evidence of formal qualifications, candidates must demonstrate adequate prior knowledge and experience to ensure they have the potential to gain the qualification.
What will I study?
There are seven units of study:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Understanding the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Career Awareness in Building Services Engineering
What could it lead to?
Students progress onto an apprenticeship or Level 4 studies.
- Bricklaying City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2